Did you know that you can earn money online without having a product or even a website? Well, it’s possible by using a combination of affiliate and article marketing. It’s a great way to make more money, and for some, it can even be a full-time endeavor if done correctly.
Here are the basics:
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a way to earn an income on the Internet by directing people to products and services that have an affiliate program. When you join an affiliate program, you are given an affiliate URL – a special code that lets companies know that people have purchased a product from your referral. All you need to do is get people to click on your affiliate URL, and if they buy the product, you receive a commission!
Now, the question is, how in the world are you supposed to get people to click on your affiliate URL? Well, one of the ways is through something known as article marketing.
What Is Article Marketing?
Article marketing is when you use written articles to promote a product or service. These articles are usually anywhere from 500 – 1000 words, and can be about virtually any topic. Once the article is finished, you can send it to any number of article directories. Some of the popular directories include ezinearticles.com and articledashboard.com.
Now at the bottom of each article that you write, you can include what is known as a “resource box”, which is just a bit about yourself and what you are trying to promote. Just insert your affiliate URL into the resource box and submit it to as many article directories as you wish!
3 Steps to Success
Getting started is simple:
- Find a product with an affiliate program that you would like to promote, and sign up for the affiliate program. Be sure to copy down your affiliate URL.
- Write a 500-1000 word article related to the product or service you are promoting.
- Go to articlefeeder.com and send your article. Make sure your affiliate URL is included in the resource box.
A short 500 word article doesn’t take that long to write, and you can submit it to several directories. Best of all, some online publications will actually reprint your article – resource box and all – on their websites!
The advantages of this kind of Internet business are many:
- Low start up costs. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection.
- Easy. There’s really not that much to it! Anyone can make money with this technique.
- Good earning potential. Commissions range between 5-15% for hard goods, and up to 75% for digital downloads (eBooks, video courses, etc.)
- Fun. Writing about wonderful products can be very enjoyable!
You Can Make Money Online